YouthBuild Worksite / Construction Training
- At any one time, there are several high school students who participate in the on-site construction training and alternate their time between academic classes and construction sites. Another 10-15 students are either working on their GED or already have a diploma or GED also work on construction sites. All students participate in the YouthBuild model program.
- Students who complete the entire Project REBUILD curriculum earn one of two nationally recognized certifications known as NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) or PACT (Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training).
- From 2002 through 2010, more than 250 young people have completed the Project REBUILD program.
- Project REBUILD has a contract with Stark Metropolitan Housing Authority (SMHA) to repair and remodel SMHA single family properties.
- Project REBUILD has in the past had contracts with the City of Canton to rehabilitate and remodel existing owner-occupied homes (RAPP/Remodeling Assistance Partnership Program) and build new housing stock for low and moderate income individuals and families (HOME funded). Over the past six years, we have completed four new home builds and nine RAPP projects.
- Project REBUILD is a leader in teaching and implementing “green build” techniques into most construction projects. As part of the City of Canton HOME funded building projects we built two new homes in the southeast quadrant of the city that qualified for Gold L.E.E.D. certification. We also continue to build our Solar Implementation program using our mobile solar power station for community awareness and education.
- Over the past ten years we have helped to build a Habitat for Humanity home, remodeled a century home and former business site into our administrative and training campus, worked with other area non-profits to build offices and residences and contracted with the City of Canton to rehabilitate existing homes and build new homes. We have completed 45 major building projects over the past eleven years.
- Project REBUILD is fully insured, licensed, bonded and an EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm.